Thursday, June 24, 2010

buying time, Burnt mountains and headbands

I am off of work for 7 weeks and i have been rather bored this week awaiting the arrival of my little girl. so i decited to make some more head bands for her, except these will fit her little head and the others i made before are for 6+months. i made them with knee hight nylons for the band and i just cut and sewed then end together, and then i got flowers from michaels, detatched the backs, melted them flat, hot glues the jewel in the middle and them hot glued the flower to the nylon band, i had lots of fun doing it!



This past sunday morning our beautiful mountains were set on fire by some STUPID campers. these are some pictures of sunday afternoon. the fire is still going today (thursday) and is only 20% contained. its really windy this time of year so the fire people are having one H of a time getting it under controll. it has burned some more than 18,000 acres and still burning. some of my most favorite places on the peaks are gone and it makes me really really sad to think about it. W e just need to pray for rain, for that is most likely the ONLY thing that will put the fire out, if they can't get it out, say good bye to snowbowl and pretty much the entire mountain range : (





I thought i would throw in a fatty-fatty-2-by-4 picture of me! She will be here any day! i have been trying really hard to help her come, with long walks up hill, bumpy woods rides and bouncing on my ball, nothing has worked yet, but hopfullyy soon!





1 comments:

Liz said...

Ooooooh! I love the headbands ! you are so super crafty! I haven't tried those kind yet but if I do you can be sure that Ella will inherit them!

That last little stretch of "waiting" seems like the longest ever! I'm serious about you trying the Costco supreme pizza and a churro :)

Your picture is A-dorable!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones